Commercial Contracts Manager
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, you will play an integral part in providing a day - to - day, commercial and contract management service to the DBD Group - liaising with the company’s external supply chain and clients (both in the UK and Internationally). You will need to have recent experience of working to deadlines, and have first class communication, negotiation and computer skills.
There is excellent scope for advancement within the company, and it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be one who recognises this potential.
• To assess terms and conditions of tenders and contracts for acceptability and propose amendments including on the contractual liabilities and risks
• To prepare agreements and ensure arrangements are in place to support business development/management activities
• To identify flowdown terms and conditions to subcontractors from the head contract
• To develop and maintain a set of master “Proforma” agreements covering the company activities
• Set up and identify amendments to the standard “Associate” agreement to incorporate required terms from the client contract and any company compliant policies relevant to the scope of services
• Provide contract management support to the project teams
• To assess the commercial/contractual implications of any contract amendment and ensure that the risks and arrangements are acceptable.
• To ensure that “notices” and commercial/contractual correspondence and amendments are issued to the client or a subcontractor and are appropriately recorded.
• To ensure that all contractual obligations are fully and finally closed out
• To prepare and submit and/or defend “compensation claims” to and from a client or subcontractor
• To provide advice, training and support on commercial and contract matters to the resources of the company
• To maintain a library of terms and conditions appropriate to the type of company services and any current or planned amendments to them
• Responsible for obtaining the company’s export licences.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
• A degree in an appropriate legal discipline and/or direct experience in the commercial and contractual management of consultancy and engineering services of the type offered by the company.
• Working knowledge of the NEC3 forms of contract.
• IT proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office
To be considered for this role, please send your CV and cover letter to